Posts Tagged ‘home care conferences’
For the first time ever, the 2012 Private Duty Home Care Leadership Summit & Expo will host a pre-conference intensive workshop for leaders in home care. Operations Toolbox: Nuts & Bolts of Building Systems & Sustaining Profitability will focus on how to run a profitable home care agency from experts who either are doing it or have done it. It’s a home care conference session not to be missed!
The pre-conference workshop will happen Monday, January 23, 2012, from 8:30-11:45 a.m.
- How to set up a private duty business correctly.
- Chart of accounts.
- How to read a P&L statement.
- Cash flow and profitability.
- What is the best way to classify home care for accounting?
- Dashboard – division of types of services, by hours scheduled.
- From tuck-ins to wake-ups to live-ins, and the costs related to each as a way of determining service mix.
- Caregiver types, pay and responsibilities.
- Referral sources by type.
- Admissions by source – understanding where referrals come from that are turning into real clients.
- How to get more of the clients with the higher revenue.
- Service offerings that make the most money? Differing offerings and how to measure and manage each.
- Caregiver turnover ratio and how to figure.
- How to develop a profile for the ideal caregiver and orientation.
- Screening and hiring processes and training.
Enjoy the chance for unbeatable professional development, and learn from educational sessions on effective operations, marketing and human relations at this year’s Private Duty Home Care Leadership Summit & Expo. For more details about the conference, please visit: http://www.nahc.org/Meetings/PD/12/program.pdf.
Tampa on Monday and Tuesday for the American Telemedicine Association conference and exhibition. Exciting new products and services that will make communication, monitoring and service deliver easier for those who provide home care and those who receive home care. Some amazing items that I will showcase and report on later through Caring magazine and other venues. Today is just an update.
Wednesday in Austin for the Texas Association for Home Care and Hospice private duty conference where the crowd was attentive about using social media and ways to target chronic care for best results for clients and for agencies.
Today is New Mexico and the New Mexico Association for Home and Hospice Care and their spring conference where attendees will listen raptly to innovation and adaptability as keys to success, which is really a combination of all that has gone on this week, plus some industry insights, trends and suggestions as to how to compete in this rapidly changing marketplace.
Also, although I did mention the latest Gold Award on the last post, I failed to mention that this award was sought after by 3000 entries and corecubed‘s wining it with one of our MOST themes, puts us in the top 5% of agencies in the country.